Brought to you by the Pinhoti Outdoor Center, Alabama Hiking Club & Alabama Outdoor Adventurer!
1st Session: October 2nd, 3rd & 4th
Camping at the Pinhoti Outdoor Center Friday & Saturday night.
Some basic camping gear required, we'll have extra if you need it.
2nd Session: October 17 & 18th
Over night backpacking trip.
Backpacking gear required for 2nd session.
- Campsite Set up considerations, Tents, Hammocks, Safety, water, Food Safety
- Preventative First Aid - Prevention, foot care, hypothermia, basic first aid
- Gear - The Big 3- Tents, Backpack, Sleeping Bag
- Cooking - Stove types, foods, hydration
- LNT/Ethics on Trail/Social distancing on trail
- Women's Seminar/Discussion
- Backpacking Planning & Assignments
- Pinhoti Outdoor Center: What Hostels Service are offered.
- Backpacking 101 T-Shirt
- All Classes
- 1- Dehydrated Meal Saturday Evening October 3rd
- 2- Nights camping at the POC (October 2nd & 3rd)
Download Complete Information Packet HERE.
Registration is Only $39.99
Limited spots available
CLASS IS FULL - THANK YOU